Tuesday 29 May 2012

"Absolutley silly"

For where two or three (or more) gather in my name, there am I with them.
Matthew 18:20


I was at the prayer meeting at church last night. We all sat in a circle of chairs at the front of church as there wasn't many people present. (note to the people who didnt go: you seriously should have done).
I think there was about 12 of us in total. I love going to the prayer meeting, its my family, we all pray and sing, cry, laugh, fellowship, share testimonies and most importantly, worship God. So thats cool.

Last night was different though somehow, in a good way. There was a really refreshing atmosphere and there's no doubt the Holy spirit was in the midst and doing work in us. I loved to just sit and watch the other peeps just praying silently in their head with the heads bowed, or just as people were dancing around while Alan played the guitar and then towards the end, Trevor (the awesome pastor) told Alan to keep playing gentle songs on the guitar and people could go and pray for each other  if they felt lead to. I loved watching various people go and throw there arms around each other before praying for each other.

 

I'm so blessed to be part of such a loving church. I have all my wonderful spiritual brothers and sisters there and then I have some spiritual 'mommas' who i can talk to and laugh with and go to for prayer/advice.

I was just thinking about how we can all be real with each other and there's no silly, religious seriousness. It just made me laugh when last night as Marilyn was praying for me and Hannah, she said, "..and i pray that they'll just know when your speaking to them and if you want them to go anywhere or do anything, even if its something absolutely silly, you'll help them to just trust you and know that you've got something amazing rolled up your sleeve for them,"

Gosh, i love that! :-)

#We Are Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! but please always remember to be kind and respectful in everything that you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...