Tuesday 15 May 2012

Look to him

Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that's where life starts. Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth; avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip. Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions. Watch your step, and the road will stretch out smooth before you. Look neither right nor left; leave evil in the dust. Proverbs 4:23-27

We all need to look to Jesus, keep our eyes fixed on him. Not looking to the right or the left, not focusing on other people and what they think, just giving all our attention to Jesus, the one who deserves it all.

We may wonder why sometimes we dont feel Gods peace and presence around us through-out the day. I think sometimes we get distracted by other things - other people maybe. We often pay more attention to other peoples lives/problems instead of sorting our own out. How can we help other brothers and sisters who are going through stuff and not feeling Gods peace, if were in the same place as them? I've seen it before, so many people block out there own issues and block out the fact that there relationship with God isn't as good as it should be, so that they can help others. 
Which, ok, yes may seem sweet, but were supposed to be strong and encouraging to them. If we are weak how can we help others to become strong? We need to get ourselves back in the right place with God, surrendering all to him, laying all our cares at his feet and resting assure that there in his hands. As we pray for others, we need to also pray for ourselves, that we can be a light to them and be there for them and asking God to strengthen us so we can help build other Brothers and sisters up. 

I've been going through quite an odd time lately.. so much stuff has been going on. I think we've all been going through a huge spiritual battle the past week. Not just me - the whole body of Christ. But we didnt get ourselves low about it, we've prayed and done spiritual warfare and i know that there is still a battle going on and this is the time when we all need to come together and rise up. We need to be warriors, awake and alert. Jesus has given us everything we need (Philippians 4:19) Our ears need to be opened so we can hear God speaking to us and given us instructions. 
God has given us authority to trample on the enemy people!!
 “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19
WOW!

Dont you think that its time we all woke up! I mean, seriously, come on. God is amazing, he's calling us all by name. (Isaiah 43:1-2)

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 1 John 3:1

I'm gonna try to keep my eyes completely on Jesus from now on. He knows what I'm going through. He hears my cry, he knows what i need - he's all i need. We gotta stop getting so down about things and letting silly little things get to us. We gotta keep climbing and trusting in God.

Lord, help me to live my life to glorify you. Help me to be a light to others and help me to be an encouragement. Thank you that the joy of the Lord is my strength. I thank you Lord that you are with me always always always! You are crazily-amazing.
I love you!
In Jesus name, Amen.

x x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! but please always remember to be kind and respectful in everything that you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...